Well, I can't believe it's been two weeks since our mini vacation to KC and I'm just now posting about it! John and I took Nolan to KC for a short stay at Great Wolf Lodge and shopping. We had a GREAT time!! Nolan had a BLAST at GWL! I was a little worried as when we got there I took him to the water park while John met with a client. Me being pregnant and all hoped that I would be able to take him where he wanted to go. WELL, we no longer got in the park, took our shoes off and headed to the "tree house" and he was GONE! I couldn't find him while I was looking in the tree house, from the bottom, but looking up trying to see if I could see a GLIMPSE of his shorts or something! At least I there was no standing water in the tree house so I knew there was no fear of drowning or anything, just wanted to know that some older kids were beating on him or something! All of a sudden here comes NOLAN down the big ole slide!! It was a HOOT!!! He was all grins and said, HEY MOM, I DO THAT AGAIN!!! So, I proceeded to watch him for the next couple of hours climb and climb and climb again the big tree house and come sliding down the big water slides! It was IMPRESSIVE to say the least! We enjoyed story time, dinner in our room and the ARCADE!! Nolan loves a good arcade...it's pretty funny really!! And it's pretty cheap too because he doesn't really even need a token to think he's playing! :)
FUNNY STORY! We get to our room and I guess it's the first room that Nolan has stayed in with a balcony. He ran FULL SPEED to see what was outside on the balcony and WAM! Right into the glass door! LOL! It was so funny...he looked and John and I and said, "What was that"!?!?! What a crack up!!! Now he knows you have to OPEN the door to get on the balcony! It's not like we don't have that at home....too funny!!
Monday we shopped at Legends and took Nolan to T-Rex and Build a dino! He LOVED it...mostly. He really has a love/hate relationship with dinosaurs at the moment. He's VERY interested in them and WANTS them to roar, but they are just so loud it really scares him. So he walked all over the restaurant checking out the big dinos with his hands over his ears! It was so cute! He did pick out a purple dino to build and we named him Dexter! I didn't take very good pictures because my point and shoot camera broke, BUMMER!! So all I had was my phone so not great quality, but this is what we got. We ended with a little shopping and of course, ICE CREAM!!
It was a great time away!!




2 comments:
Sounds like a great time! The sliding glass door thing is something I would have done..LOL...or maybe I have done...hmmm
Sounds like the perfect getaway!!
Post a Comment