We got right in and they gave Spanky a breathing treatment and some medicine and monitored him for a couple of hours. At 6:45 am, we thought things were going well, they were getting our paperwork ready for dismissal and the attending Dr. came in to go over dismissal. That's when Spanky let out a big ole barky cough and started "striding" again. Dr. says, "that changes it all, I'm keeping him". SO, to the peds floor we went for observation. He had a good day and was actually doing much better in the evening but after a short walk to the play room he was again striding so they thought it would be best if we stayed. Much to Spanky's frustration. He wasn't too excited about staying, he kept saying, "I just want to go home"! Poor little guy. Luckily they do have a great little play room for the patients and really he was quite happy visiting the play room. :) He was VERY upset when the play room closed for the evening, but keep in mind, the child had slept maybe 2 hours since 1 AM. T-I-R-E-D!
He was very excited when he had a some visitors. Aunt Robin and his cousins came to see him and his big brother and sister came to see him as well. He enjoyed watching "Ratatoulle" with big brother in his hospital bed.
He had a good night sleep and was able to come home Thursday morning by lunch time. We were all glad to be home and resting in our own beds. Thank you to all our great friends who helped with baby Darla while we were taking care of Spanky. That was the LAST place she should be with all the crazy bugs going around so THANK YOU!!!
Below is Spanky snuggling with Henry, whom grandma and grandpa sent to him, Spanky checking daddy's blood pressure in the toy room and Spanky snuggling with big bro.
1 comment:
Poor buddy! I am glad that he is doing better! Croup is no fun. I can't imagine trying to entertain a 3 year old. I had enough trouble trying to entertain a 16 month old. I hope you are all able to catch up on some rest this weekend.
Amy
Post a Comment