So most of you know, I'm a serious party planner. This holiday season, I got my house all decorated and thought, no one ever comes out here, so let's have small Christmas party. SO, I invite some friends, purchase the food, I've baked all week, hence, no blogging, too busy to sit down, and last night prepared until mid-night getting ready for our fabulous party that we are going to have tonight. WELL, this morning arrived a little "glich" in my plan. WE HAVE NO WATER!
I call the Rural Water people and they say, "well, we have a leak and we can't find it, WHAT?!?! How can you have a leak and can't find it, we continue to work on it and will let you know our progress." Okay, no problem, I don't really have anything that needs a ton of water, we had a couple of gallons of water to wash our hands etc so we'll just plan that the water will be back on before the party.
12:15, I talk to my GREAT friend and happen to mention that she might want to pray that we get water as currently we don't have any. She mentions that she's been cleaning and if the water doesn't come back on we can move the party to their house. SO NICE, but no worries, the water will be back on. We found out at 3 PM that they STILL have not found the leak and no word on when we might have water. GREAT FRIENDS to the rescue. Not only did they invite us to move the party to their house, they let us take showers there too!! We could have cancelled, although I had all that food, but our gracious friends opened their home to let us continue the fun. Praise God for great friends!!
We had a great time this evening and even had a special visitor from Santa himself! Nolan had a great time visiting with Santa. And each of the kids had a turn sitting on Santa's lap and telling them what they wanted for Christmas. I only got a few pictures because my camera battery died...seriously when do you hit the max and have a melt down. :) Again, great friends came through and I think they got some on their camera for us. Whew!
Still no water and quite honestly, no water in sight. But we had a great evening with friends and hopefully we'll have water tomorrow!
I even had a chance to tell Santa what I wanted,
I jokingly said, "DIAMONDS" but I think
I should have asked for WATER!
No comments:
Post a Comment