Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome 2010!

Welcome 2010!  I've been so busy cleaning, purging and organizing that I haven't had time to post.  I don't really do "New Year's Resolutions" simply because they are the same every year....clean, organize and get in shape.  SO, it's about the same this year, although I am adding to be in the Bible every day as well.  I had that last year to read through the Bible in one year...well I made it to April...so maybe I'll do it in 2 years. :)  I really do want to be in the Word every day and I'm excited to start a new Bible study on Wednesday.  

It seems that over the holidays I just get STRESSED....John says it's self-inflicted.  Some is....aka....Holiday Home Tour....but really, I was going to decorate anyway.  Baking sweet treats, but really, it's the holidays, we must eat like crazy people and put on weight so that we can have the "New Year's Resolution" of loosing weight....right?!?!  :)  Then, really, we don't do a whole lot with "santa"....but does my husband REALLY think that "Santa" brings the gifts for the children?!?!  I mean, if I don't get that done and wrapped....who does?? :)  SO, therefore the month of December brought me to enjoy the season, but towards the end, maybe brought me a little crabbiness. SO, sorry honey....

Anyway, that is my biggest resolution of mine this year...GET YOUR LIFE IN ORDER!  Then I won't be so stressed.  I will be happier, calmer and a much nicer person, wife and mom.  I am MUCH like my dad.  I like everything in it's place, I don't like clutter and it really stresses me out to have access JUNK in my house.

If you remember previous blogs you'll remember that we found out we were pregnant December 26th.  Well, approximately Jan. 5th I was SICKER THAN A DOG and proceeded to be sick, pregnant and then with a newborn for the entire year of 2009....therefore, there is A LOT of clutter stashed away.  You see, when you enter my home it looks "together and organized" but seriously, DON'T OPEN a cabinet, a closet or a drawer...you might not get it shut.  :)  SO, let me tell you...I have been BUSY!

So far I have cleaned out both kids rooms upstairs and the guest room, which I am redecorating before next week when  my friends come to visit...CAN'T WAIT!  The linen closet upstairs, the laundry room, kitchen, basically the entire main floor except the office....which I cleaned out in September, but it needs cleaned out again because it's the "Catch All" room.  And then moving on to the basement.  NOW, this is where the PIT really is!!

Today I had a babysitter come to play with the kids and I have now cleaned out Luke's closet...let's get real, his closet was the size of my bedroom growing up, so it's big on closet standards...small on bedroom standards. :)  I love the kid to death, but when I tell him to clean his room, he has for YEARS just thrown everything into his closet.  AUGH!!  SO, today I cleaned it ALL out!  I cleaned out his room and started from there.  I am planning for a BIG garage sale, so if your a garage sale person, please stay in touch as it will be big!  Anyway, I went through a couple other rooms and now I have "projects" that I can do during nap time and other times when I have time....but the point is...I'm on my way to being CLUTTER FREE! I seriously would love to have "Clean sweep" come...but since I've watched that show for a long time, I can do it myself....except for the redecorating.  That will be coming.  I plan to make an exercise room, a toy/play room and our family room.  I'm excited with the progress I've made so far and look forward to actually getting this done and making my home my "haven" to rest in, instead of stress about what needs to be done.  I should have taken pictures of the before, which I probably still could, I have a ton more to do....and maybe I will.  BUT, again, looking forward to decluttering and getting on with my life!  Once I'm done inside I'll move to the garage this spring and in 2010 I WILL have a clutter free and highly organized HOME! :)

The last thing I WILL do in 2010 is run a half marathon.  I was really thinking I would run one this spring, just because I wanted to...folks, 2 miles on the ole Hamster mill about did me in last night...I think I'll be taking the advise of my friends and train to the fall and run one then.  There is one in San Jose, CA in October...Wine Country Trip anyone??  Or Las Vegas December 6th....which is close to my birthday so Girls Trip anyone??  :)

As far as loosing weight...diets...really, I don't like them.   I wonder where my son gets his independance and need to do things his way.  I am JUST Like him...or maybe better, he is JUST LIKE ME!  If even I tell myself I can't eat something it will harp at me until I eat it. SO, my biggest strategy is working out.  I am running of course to train and I'm meeting with my trusty trainer, Joe.  I start working with him 2 days a week starting tomorrow...so if you don't hear from me, just look for me obituary in the newspaper...it could be ugly tomorrow! :)

SO...that is my New Year's post!  We didn't do anything for New Year's Eve this year....instead we did a PRETEND New Year's the night before with some friends.

SO....with a few pics in closing...here's to 2010!



I can't wait to compare this with next year's picture....between John and I, were both working hard to loose some weight in 2010!



Our dear friends...Good times!  

3 comments:

KimmyGoat said...

How cathartic! I can feel your joy.

Now put down the bottle of windex and open up a bottle of wine!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Please come and do mine now!

Marcie said...

You've been a busy girl!!! I do my annual cleaning during the summer...but it really needs it again!

Love the new blog look. Very clean!

Are you doing a bible study at the church? I'm glad they're bringing back a Wednesday night study so I can participate. I do the morning one during the summer.

Try to enjoy the frigid weather and don't spend ALL your time cleaning!!