Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Condiment King!

Have you ever had your entire stock of condiments from your fridge being displayed on your kitchen floor?  Well, tonight I had that opportunity to witness.  Nolan is really in to seeing what's in the fridge, you know he can open the door now which is very exciting, and he's just eye level to a lot of that FUN stuff that mom has in the fridge.  Well, it started by him very cutely, if that's a word, matching the items.  He had two BBQ sauces together, two ketchups together and two Michelob Ultra's together.  Then it just went from there.  I have to admit I grabbed the camera and enjoyed the show.  He very diligently got each item out of the fridge one at a time and stacked them up, oh if one would fall down he'd pick it up and place it gentle back to it's place.  He had a great time.  You know the first and second shelf would have been enough for most kids...NOT NOLAN!  He then proceeded to CLIMB on the first shelf to get to the third shelf.  Once that was cleared he then climbed to the second shelf to get to the fourth shelf to get the milk and THAT is when the "mom police" stepped in.  He fiddled a little longer and then the second shelf finally bucked him off, no one was hurt and nothing was broken and really it made him decide it wasn't as much fun to climb as it was to taste the condiments that he could get open.  YUMMY....little mix of Mayo, mustard, A1 sauce, and syrup; oh it sounds like a jr high slumber party game gone bad!!  Once we had our fill of tasting and mom had her pictures taken we headed up for a bath.  Good times at the Willson House!

Such a nice display of condiments. :)

Drinking the syrup....yes Christy, he does it here too! :) 

Mayo, YUMMY!

monkey?

Dare devil!!

PS: the child has no pants on because he got pudding all over them!

9 comments:

erin said...

How funny! And you are a patient mom to let your kid explore like that. My kids would have been told to "Shut the door. Now." I need to remember to let them explore and discover!

Unknown said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! I laughed for 10 minutes trying to tell Lacey. How funny!!! LOVE the climbing.

Have a great Friday!!! Thanks for the laugh Nolie!

Heather

Mom said...

What a monkey!! How cute though. It is always fun to see how far they will go....to a point ;)

Amy

Nellie said...

I'm impressed! I would have NEVER let Brooklyn get that far...let alone taken a picture! LOL You get the "Fun Mom" Award for the week! Nolen is such a crack-up. I have a feeling he will keep us entertained for years to come!

Jenelle

KimmyGoat said...

Beer? As a condiment? Excellent - could you please share that recipe!?!

Randa said...

1. pick your battles, he'd been in trouble all day so I thought we'd have some fun.
2. BEER BREAD! :)

Christy said...

Oh, Randa these pictures are wonderful. I must say that you have brought me a lot of peace knowing that he enjoys a good drink of syrup at your home too. I almost died when he did that at my house! Nolan is a delight!

~christy

Anonymous said...

nolan did you find any of daddy's pop?
lol.. i will see you shortly tonight.

Anonymous said...

I agree Best Mom of the Year! With 2 boys one of mine would of been unloading condiments while the other was dispensing on the floor! And then having the chance they would've skated in it.....or something fun like that! (by the way, do they really come w/ mints?)

Great Page! Great Pics! It's definately an inspiration! Elaina