Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good times....and crazy ones...

GOOD TIMES:
I've been going to post about our wonderful weekend with my parents all week and haven't had a chance to download my pictures. We always love it when grandma and grandpa come to visit, but Nolan is just on CLOUD 9 when they are here. He woke up every morning this week asking where grandpa was and if we could go to his house! We will get there sometime soon....I promise! :)

Here is Grandpa and all his grandkids celebrating his be-lated birthday!



CRAZY TIMES!
Yesterday after my work out at the church gym, to make a long story SHORT! I opened the big glass heavy church door and it went RIGHT ACROSS NOLAN'S BARE TOE....OUCH!!! It was bleeding pretty bad....in fact the CLC looked a little like a crime scene as we hurried out the door to the ER. I'm so grateful that Amy was there to help me and in fact went back to the church after all of the excitement to clean up...THANK YOU!! We took him to the ER and after they cleaned it all up, took x-rays, and assessed the situation, they glued it together and put a nice cute little monkey band aid on it. He was such a good boy...so brave and we were so proud of him and the way he acted so brave in the ER. What a trooper!

Last night I went to change the band aid and the glue that was holding the wound together was glued to the band aid...OUCH! Needless to say, I left the band aid on and we decided we'd call our good friend, Dr. Libby to give us advise on what to do. This morning, the band aid was off. Most of the glue was off so we washed it, put Neosporin on it and put another band aid on it. Nolan really enjoys taking the Motrin he loves drinking out of the little cup. Go figure...you couldn't bribe me ENOUGH to take medicine when I was a kid...hard enough to get me to take it now!

I believe that all is well with the Toe situation, it hasn't slowed him down much, although he does tell you..."don't bump my toe". I bet that hurts a little!! :)

WONDERFUL TIMES:
Last night we had a wonderful dinner with some friends and then experienced the most beautiful home coming and addition to a wonderful family. Some of our great friends adopted a precious little girl from Russia. Her and her mommy arrived at the airport last night and officially made their family of 5 a family of 6. It was so sweet and what a blessing from God that this precious little girl is now home with her family. Not to mention her first birthday is Sunday! Oh....it was just wonderful!!

So a great week we had...today we are taking early naps and heading to the Easter Egg Hunt at the park. Looks like a nice day out there, we pray for good weather tomorrow as well.

Happy Easter...He has Risen!!!

No comments: