Thursday, April 9, 2009

"MOM, I POOPED"

This is what EVERY mom wants to hear AFTER their child has been put to bed for the evening. You've done it, you've been a mom all day, you've done the bed time routine, you are now at peace enjoying a relaxing view of the internet when you hear from the precious child's room...."MOM, I POOPED".

NOW, he is not potty trained so really, it's just a walk up the stairs, a quick diaper change, and a good night, tuck into bed...but it's really about leaving the "nothing box" that you stole from your husband and have now put yourself in to go back "on-duty".

SO, out of the "nothing box" I go and up the stairs to find this...The sweetest little boy, laying on the floor in the "diaper change position", diaper in one hand and wipes sitting next to him, waiting patiently for his wonderful mommy to come up and change him. It was SO CUTE!

We changed the "poop", named the "poop"...this is a ritual we have, tonight it was "Mike, the monster"...and back to bed he went without a peep. Too funny....and back to my "nothing box" I went....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute post! :-) I love that you name it... that's hysterical! Made me laugh almost as hard as when we talked about teeth being sharp. :)

Glad I got to see you today!
Heather

Mom said...

That is so cute! You are sooo lucky he doesn't like to play with it. Emma would've painted her body in her poop. I have had to clean that up one too many times!

Sami said...

They always wait until you're fully engrossed in something too. They'll never know our sacrifices until they become parents themselves.

Libby said...

ooh, how sweet! I'll pray for him to potty train when little Miss Willson arrives like Kalo did :) Hope Mike the Monster doesn't also come back to the basement!! haha!