Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Words can not describe my love for my wonderful mom. Being the youngest child by 6 years, we spent my jr. high and high school years basically together. You would say, she was my best friend. She was always there when the chips were down, when the girls were MEAN, and when I needed a good boost! She was always ready to "make it better" and usually did make it better with a great trip to Kearney for a shopping trip! :) Thanks mom...the Buckle is still in business today because of YOU!

Mom always has our back..."Don't mess with my kids"...she says, while staring down my husband, or anyone else that might need a reminder!! :) Mom is very protective of her family and her family is her number one! She never fades...she's for the Ray's all the way!

One of the things I remember the most about my mom was she ALWAYS made a big deal out of our birthday's! My husband is still cursing over this, because he will NEVER live up to the birthday's my mom did for us! It didn't matter how many ladies she worked on the in the beauty shop that day, how late she had to stay up the night before, no matter WHAT day our birthday fell on...we woke up to a kitchen for of balloons, streamers, presents and a PERSONALIZED birthday cake made by her! Some favorite cakes would be the 3D Care Bear, the gumball machine and WHO KNEW....a YELLOW GEO STORM CAR for my 17th birthday! Mom...you out did yourself every year and I'm sure I didn't tell you enough then, but I'm telling you now...THANK YOU!

Mom to this day is willing to "whip up" a costume that I need for camp, give me a good idea for a recipe, take care of me when I'm so sick with being pregnant that I can hardly move, take care of my son when I'm so sick with pregnancy that I can hardly move, all the while working non-stop on beautifing the ladies of Norton County and the surrounding area. She NEVER says, "NO, that can't be done" when I call her to maybe make a Halloween Costume for my son, or bedding for the babies room. Giver her a COLD DIet Coke and she is ALWAYS ready to help out and do what she can to help!

Mom....I love you and can not tell you how much I have appreciated our times together! You have taught me to make a big deal out of birthday's! To snuggle my son even when I just want to go to bed. To help out a friend, a sibling, a child and a stranger, when in need, EVEN when I have a hundred things of my own to do. And I'm sure I'll use your trick of hiding medicine in Nolan's food one of these days!

You are my role model mom and I love you!! THANK YOU for teaching me to be a good mom and wife! I love you!

To the grandma in you....THANK YOU! You are so wonderful to pass out movies, candy, hair cuts, you name it to these wonderful children that have the honor to call you grandma!

1 comment:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Very sweet! I am sure your Mom loved reading this!