We enjoyed last weekend with my parents in town. Nolan spent time with them at my sister's while John worked and I scrapbooked with a friend. OH, I love girl time and scrapbooking my "Nolan". I got our Disney album done so that was LOTS of fun! Nolan bonded with Grandma a lot this trip and he really didn't want her to go home. He says Monday morning, "Mommy, Grandma doesn't want to go home"! :) So sweet. Made grandma feel really good because usually Grandpa gets all the attention! He is already counting down the days until they come back to stay with him while John and I go to Washington DC next week. Good times!
And now....the signs of summer!! After I picked up Nolan from school yesterday we went to get Ice cream. As I walked into the door of Marble Slab Creamery, Nolan stops the door and says, "NO, we need to go get a shirt". Yes, baby Gap is right next door and he knows that's where I shop for him....he wanted a new shirt! Yes, THAT is MY BOY!!! :) We got him a new outfit and a pair of sunglasses...oh, he thought he was one cool dude!! So we did finally get ice cream...his with sprinkles! :) And sat out and enjoyed the beautiful weather on the patio and had ice cream. He says, "You have good day mom? I said, yeah, did you?" He says, "I did, what did you do?" I told him shopped and he says, "Oh good, did you have fun?" A talker just like mom! :) And dad for that matter! :) After a great play at the park we headed for home. I pulled in the driveway, stopped, jumped out to get the mail, which is quite the effort being 6 months prego...the jumping part anyway. :) And there it was...the first sign of summer...A SNAKE!!! AUGH!!! I HATE SNACKS!!! Now to normal people it was probably a worm...but it was definately a snake! Needless to say, I jumped back in the car...quicker this time and decided I'd let John get the mail! :)
Nolan enjoyed mowing with John last night! I think he'd sit on that thing for hours, he loves it. I am recording this so when he's a teenager and not wanting to mow...we'll have proof that he once liked it! :) I think he really enjoys hanging out with dad too! We've enjoyed having dad home in the evenings to play and have fun outside!
The night ended with of course, entertainment from Nolan and his new Batman jammies WITH Cape! Oh yeah....BATMAN!!!
Oh the signs of summer are approaching....are you ready?
3 comments:
Lord, yes!
hope the snake really isn't a snack :) K has the same pjs - so cute!
Too Cute!! I love him asking you about your day. That is just precious!
Amy
Post a Comment