Monday, September 1, 2008

Nolie vs. Vick's Vapor Rub

Friday after playing at the park and running errands all day I put Nolan down for a nap so that he could be ready for the football scrimmage Friday night.  After about 45 min or so, John went up to check on him and snuggle with his little boy before we left for the weekend to go to Almena.  When John opened the door, he yelled down for me to come up there.  Turns out Nolan was NOT sleeping, in fact he was doing his hair with Vick's Vapor Rub.  YUP, the whole jar was in his hair!!  Let me tell you, that stuff does NOT come out easy.  I put him in the tub and the shampoo and water simply REPELLED from his head. It was like RainX on your windshield!  What do I do??  We are suppose to leave for the football scrimmage in 45 minutes and from there we're heading to Almena.  SO, luckily he loves hats.  I put a hat on him and decided that we'd deal with it at Gigi's tomorrow.  Turns out the best solution for getting Vick's out of hair is "goo gone".  Papa came to the rescue and with not 1 but 2 rounds of washin' with "goo gone" his hair is pretty much back to normal.  We had a lot of laughs before we got it out too!!  He was a little crabby about all of the combing and pictures, but we kept telling him, you did this to yourself goofy!! :)  

In the bath the first time trying to get it washed.  


Papa combed it up, he looks like Larry King or a roaring Lion.  He's actually yawning! :) 

This just makes Larry King jealous! :) 

"Alfalfa?!"

5 comments:

Christa said...

Too funny!!! I love it!!! We once had a scene much the same that involved Vaseline.

Unknown said...

The last picture is straight out of the Little Rascals.... he looks JUST LIKE Alfalfa. "Dear Darla, I hate your stinkin' guts. You make me vomit!...etc." :-)

Rhonda said...

This is hilarious! Good infor on the Goo Gone.... Actually Libby's hair stood straight up when she was little as it was so fine... even vaseline would not hold it down...

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

The cutest Alfalfa I've ever seen! Love these stories...he is such a character! So cute!

Anonymous said...

do i remember nolie doing that?!? well i got there the next day and it was horrible but so funny. i loved it. he looked so funny. when we went to almena it was in there. and papa had to do his hair like a holigan.
(i think i spelled that wrong)
what was nolan doing?
he was laughing till he saw himself he started crying. lol.