Nolan had a BIG day today!! Our friend Jenelle invited Nolan out to ride in their tractors. They were bailing hay and had plenty to do, so it was a great day for us to go check it out!!
Nolan had the time of his life. First of all in the truck on the way to the field, we drove through some cows and while waiting for the gate to open, one cow decided that was the best time to "urinate" right in front of us! The kids thought this was HILARIOUS!
Once we got over the hill and saw the tractors going, the kids, including Nolan started chanting, "Sticher, sticher, sticher". It was SO CUTE! Sticher is this cool piece of equipment that scoops up the hay bails and flips it over the cab and onto a rack to haul it to the barn. WAY COOL. And I'm sure I described that with all of the technical terms. Sorry Damian. :)
Nolan got to ride in the tractor with Dallas and after being in there for 10 min or so, he looked back and realized that a big red monster was following us, yes that would be the bailer! It was so funny, he wasn't scared, he was just surprised!!
After the tractor, we jumped into the swather with Damian and cut some hay. It was the biggest mower Nolan's ever been in and he was digging that!! Mom was too, I was completely amazed by all of the technology in the tractors and all that stuff. I know I am completely retarded with the lingo but it was great. I could say I had just as much fun or more than Nolan!
It really was a blast and THANK YOU to the Korte's for hosting us!!
"CHEESE" with the Swather!
Nolan and Brooklyn in the wheel of the tire.
Climbing the stairs of the bailer...which after the picture we quickly took them off of.
They wanted to climb to the top. RIGHT!
I thought this was so cute, them running in the fields.
"BIG MAN" Driving the tractor
Last stop, Sitting on the hay bales.
Brooklyn and Nolan had fun throwing hay at the older kids.
So to recap the day, we saw cows up close, we saw one cow "potty" right beside us, we rode in a tractor, got to DRIVE the tractor, we rode in a swather, we ran on the hay bales, saw a coyote running in the field and a snake going across the rode.
WHEW....what a day!
3 comments:
Yeah Nolan - I think we can count on him for harvest help in the future :) Now you guys will have to plan to come out during harvest so he can ride the combine and tractor!
TOO CUTE!!!! What an awesome day! It was absolutely gorgeous outside too. The equipment always amazes me too. I'd say your lingo was pretty good... I would have butchered it for sure! :-)
Nolie you look so stinkin' big... even standing next to that huge tractor.
Love you!
Ha
We had such a great time...so glad you could come! Farming is Damian's life, so he loves to share it with anyone who is interested. Come back anytime!
Love ya,
Jenelle
PS. Damian said the lingo was pretty good, but it's a stinger, not a "sticher". He doesn't want Nolan to grow up mis-informed. LOL
Post a Comment