First off, my friend and I decided to take our toddlers dress shopping. WHAT WERE WE THINKING? I mean really, a 2 year old boy and a 3 year old girl shopping in boutiques of Wichita? We were really crazy, but we didn't realize how crazy it actually was until we got into it, then there was no turning back. Most of the boutique sales ladies are currently out having a margarita because of the crazy kids that were in their store today.
You know it just is so sad as a parent. You know your child is so sweet and cute and they can be good when they want to be, but there is something about it being more fun to test your mom's patience as much as you can. I really have no idea why Nolan acts this way, I know that I was a perfect angel every time I went shopping with my mom at 2 and 3 years of age. In fact, I have a little flash back right now about a clothes rack in "Mode O Day" and me being in a LOT of trouble. As a kid it was a blast, as a parent, I am now the one that wonders why they make clothes racks in a circle so the kids can hide in the middle of them. Oh yeah, I'm thinking my mom felt about as frusterated that day as I felt today. :)
Just a little picture of how things went, by our third stop I'm in the dressing room and I hear, "Nolan, what are you doing there?" I heard him say, "GUM"...well, Amy tells me later, that he was chewing on a rubber boot. NOW, this is kind of cracking me up, but at the time, I would have liked some duck tape to tape him to the wall to be still!
Needless to say, no dress was purchased today.
Then after a good nap, we headed to Luke's football game. Nolan was VERY good, PRAISE GOD! But Luke's team lost, 0-6. It was a good game, it came down to the last couple of minutes and Andale scored and they just couldn't get it down the field fast enough. It was a good game...well done Rockets.
Lastly, after we got home this evening, Nolan and John were playing in the bedroom. All of a sudden a BIG cry! I figured either he was hurt or got into trouble. John comes out carrying Nolan and says, "he fell and hit his head pretty hard". Nolan looks at me and I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN A GOOSE EGG LIKE THAT IN REAL LIFE! POOR BABY!! He calmed down pretty quick and after hearing that he landed head first on one of the legs on our bed he got some motrin and a bag of frozen veggies for his head. We let him stay up extra late tonight as we wanted to make sure he'd be okay. He's all good now, he's going to have quite the bruise, but he's okay. Praise the Lord!
So, after this day, I am going to do some reading and head to bed! Up early for a 5:45 AM run...hope it doesn't rain us out....or do I? :)
Nighty Tighties
2 comments:
Poor Nolie!!! I'm glad he is ok! I talked to Luke too... fumble on 4th down for a touchdown... what a lucky play! I hope ya have a better day tomorrow!!!
Love you!
Heather
Poor Nolie! Every boy needs a good goose egg once in a while right?? Hmmm. Pray for Kalo getting his haircut today - it is always traumatic - you'd think we were cutting his arm off not just his hair . . . Hope the run was good!
Post a Comment